Monday 1 September 2014

Product Versus Review: High End Foundations

Happy September folks! Summer has come and gone and it's time to get back into the everyday routine of life. To kick off this Labour day I wanted to bring you guys a new post. I was originally going to a monthly favorites but to be honest I didn't have enough products this month that were new and I was really loving, to make a post about. So instead today I'm going to bring you a foundation vs and review. If you are reading this then you're mostly likely a makeup wearer or a fan of makeup and understand that having a really good foundation is key to creating any makeup look. Although there are many drugstore foundations out there that give good coverage I always seem to find they make my skin break out more than if I were to use a higher end product. That being said buying a high end foundation comes with high end prices that's why I want to give you a breakdown of my two favorite foundation so you can see which one is better bang for your buck! I will be rating each foundation in 5 categories then give an over all opinion and rating. I will be rating out of 5 stars, five being the best.



1. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with SPF 15

Packaging: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)
Although the packaging is very modern and simple the container it self is very wasteful. When you unscrew the lid there is just a hole which you must tip the foundation out. I find this annoying, there's been multiple times where I've accidentally poured to much out and have wasted some. That's why I'm not a fan of it.

Price: ★★★☆☆ (3/5)
The price of this foundation is between $28-$33 depending on where you purchase it. For the product I think it's a fair price and isn't too expensive, compared to other foundations out there.

Color: ★★★★☆ (4/5)
There are so many options when it comes to finding your perfect shade. I have all the confidence that anyone can find the shade they are looking for in this product. For me being very fair with a yellowish undertone I have a hard time finding the perfect shade but I was able to with this product.

Coverage: ★★★★★ (5/5)
This is the best part of the product, one coat will even out any redness my skin has and will cover any blemishes that I have. It's also great since it has SPF 15.

Lastingness: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)
Even though I might get great coverage with this product it doesn't last long. No matter how well I set  or prime this foundation within a few hours I will see lots of creasing. It also rubs off easily around my nose and chin.

Overall: ★★★☆☆ (3/5)
This product is really great in some areas, but in others it fails to do it's job. I personally like using this foundation the best in the winter when I want a heavier coverage and look.


2. Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

Packaging: ★★★★★ (5/5)
In my opinion Make Up For Ever hit the nail on the head when they designed the packaging it's polished professional and convenient. When you pop of the lid there is a pump so you are able to control the amount of foundation you want to use.

Price: ★☆☆☆☆ (1/5)
Price wise this foundation is really pricey. Especially for someone like me who also has to pay for there college tuition. You can buy this foundation for $50, which is a weeks worth of food!

Color: ★★★★★ (5/5)
Just like the MAC foundation there are tons of shades of this foundation, probably even more. I had picked out my shade easily then even went and got tested and I had chose correctly! I have no doubt you'll find your shade with this product.

Coverage: ★★★☆☆ (3/5)
This product is one that I like to use the term build-able to describe. Depending on your skin type you may be able to get away with one coat of this but I find for the best coverage I have to use at least two coats.

Lastingness: ★★★★☆ (4/5)
This is why I bought this foundation is because it last fairly long. If I use a primer then set with a translucent powder in the morning I know I won't have to worry about touching it up unless I'm going out in the evening.

Overall: ★★★★☆ (4/5)
Even though price wise it's very high, the saying you pay for what you get really applies to this product. I find when my skin is fairly clear I can get away with one coat of this foundation in the summertime which is prime for having a natural flawless summer look.


AND THE WINNER IS.....

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD FOUNDATION!

I had bought this product because I wanted something that with a longer wear and a less heavy coverage and that's exactly what I got with this foundation. Although you'll be paying a lot more for it you are paying for something that is very high quality and also is awesome for taking selfies. It says right on the packaging its "designed for the new needs of high definition image" for creating a natural looking makeup finish. Having oily skin this product really works for me and I think it would work well for all skin types!

No comments:

Post a Comment