Wednesday 17 June 2015

The Little Things

Hey guys, today I want to write something a little bit different. I've recently have been trying to do simple little things to change my daily routine. I used to be a really lazy person. On days I wasn't working or at school I'd sleep in till noon, eat crappy food, and my room was a mess. I was also struggling with my anxiety.

Anxiety is something that I've dealt with most of my life. I worry about everything. I'm that person who can't remember if they turned off their straightener or locked their front door. I can't even count how many times I've driven back home to check. It's a part of my life and it's something that is normal to me.

But a few months ago I hit a real low point with my anxiety. I couldn't function normally. Everything from brushing my teeth to my school work was causing an excessive amount of stress for me. It started to get to me physically. I would come home from school completely exhausted. I'd fall asleep and sometimes sleep right until the next morning. Things took a turn for the worst when I was diagnosed with daily chronic migraines. They would take over my life. I couldn't think properly and they were constantly on my mind, literally. Things were hard and I had a difficult time finishing off this year of school.

When school finished I decided it was time to change my ways. I started to eat a bit better, I got a gym membership, and I'm taking care of my room. But most importantly myself. Everyday I think of two things that I'm proud of myself for and two things I'm thankful for. It's these little things that have started to make a huge difference. I've stopped with my daily headaches and I'm feeling a lot better. I'm enjoying my life and every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment